News East West
MUMBAI: Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt on Tuesday had his parole extended by another 30 days.
The actor has been on parole to be with wife Manayata who is reportedly suffering from liver and heart ailments.
“Dutt has been granted extension in his parole by another 30 days for his wife’s illness,’’ said Pune divisional commissioner Prabhakar Deshmukh.
Since jail rules allow a maximum 90 days of parole in a year, Deshmukh said, “As per the rules, this is going to be Dutt’s last parole leave of the current year.’’
Sanjay Dutt will now report back in Pune’s Yerwada jail on March 20.
The 54-year-old actor, who is serving a 42-month sentence in connection with the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts, has been in jail since May 16. But because of extended paroles, he has managed to spend four months out of jail during the last 10 months since he was lodged at Yerwada Jail.
- Sanjay Dutt to make paper bags in jail, earn Rs 25 as daily wages
- Sanjay Dutt is prisoner number 16656 in Pune Jail
- No rakhi for Sanjay Dutt
- Manyata gets Sanjay Dutt tattoo
- Happy birthday, dear Sanjay Dutt
- Sanjay Dutt and Manyata writing to each other every day
- Sanjay Dutt’s home food to end on June 6