News East West
MUMBAI: Sanjay Dutt, who on October 1 got a 14-day parole to be with his family, has been given an extension of another 14 days on his request on medical grounds.
The 53-year-old actor, who is serving a 42-month jail in Pune’s Yerwada Jail in connection with the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts, surrendered on May 16 after the Supreme Court of India rejected his plea to overturn the five-year jail term given to him.
However, the apex court reduced his jail time to 42 months.
This is the first parole for Sanjay Dutt who is allowed one visit per month by his family members.
Sanjay Dutt, who also served 18 months in jail immediately after his arrest in the case in 1993, has been spending his parole time with his wife Manayata and two children.
The family organized a Maata Ki Chwoki at their Pali Hill residence which was attended by T Series’ head honcho Bhushan Kumar, Eros’ Sunil and Krushika Lulla, actress Sophie Chowdhary, Bunty Wallia, Apoorva Lakhia and Dutt’s brother-in-law Kumar Gaurav with his wife and children.
- Sanjay Dutt loses 17 kg in jail, out on 14-day parole
- Sanjay Dutt to make paper bags in jail, earn Rs 25 as daily wages
- Sanjay Dutt is prisoner number 16656 in Pune Jail
- No rakhi for Sanjay Dutt
- Manyata gets Sanjay Dutt tattoo
- Happy birthday, dear Sanjay Dutt
- Sanjay Dutt and Manyata writing to each other every day
- Sanjay Dutt’s home food to end on June 6