News East West
MUMBAI: The civic authorities tore down rape accused godman Asaram Bapu’s ashram at Virar in Mumbai as illegal construction on Thursday.
The ashram, which was run by the godman’s son Narayan Sai, is spread over acres. After going through records, the local tehsildar found that it was constructed in violation of regulations, declared it illegal and ordered that it be razed down on Thursday.
A section of the media quoted police as saying that Narayan Sai allegedly committed “sexual offences with the female devotees in his ashram.’’
Earlier, the police conducted a raid in the ashram in search of Narayan Sai who is on the run since two sisters from Surat last month filed an FIR against him and his father Asaram Bapu alleging rape by them.
While his son is on the run, godman Asaram Bapu was on Wednesday charged with rape of a minor and her wrongful confinement by a court in Jodhpur where he is lodged in Central Jail after his arrest on September 2.
The district and sessions court also extended the judicial remand of Asaram Bapu and four co-accused — Shilpi, Sharad Chandra and Prakash – till Nov 16.
Godman Asaram Bapu has called the chargesheet fabrication.
- Godman Asaram Bapu used to read Kamasutra, alleges former disciple
- Godman Asaram Bapu asked my daughter to remove her clothes and then raped, says father of victim
- What happened when Asaram Bapu took minor girl into his `dhyan ki kutiya’
- Godman Asaram Bapu is a sex maniac who needs a new girl every day, alleges former aide
- Godman Asaram Bapu made his devotees impotent with herbal drinks in order to sell his medicines, alleges former disciple
- Secret cellar for female rituals found at ashram run by Asaram Bapu’s son
- Godman Asaram Bapu’s son changes appearance to avoid arrest
- Godman Asaram Bapu’s ashram burnt by angry followers in Gujarat
- Godman Asaram Bapu used to hold tug of war to select girls for exploitation, alleges former disciple