By Raj Singla
TORONTO: The Aam Aadmi Party is the new emerging political force in India. As an active member of the party unit in Canada, along with many people, I strongly feel India needs Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). Why? Because:
- The Aam Aadmi Party has started an era of honest and clean politics
- Clean candidates with clean image and no prior criminal record
- No two people of the same family will be given ticket
- No special security for MP/MLA of the party
- Full financial transparency
- Gender equity and respect to all religion
- No high command culture
Its founder and Convener Arvind Kejriwal was the major force behind the RTI Act. It is a common saying that Arvind Keriwal brought about the RTI Act. Because of that he got the Roman Magasasay Award and was given Rs 45 lakh. He donated all the money to Parivartan the organisation he started for helping people in income-tax matters.
Arvind exposed corruption by big ministers without fearing for his life. He has shown how all these parties are one and the same when it comes to corruption. He has brought out a sense of patriotism among people in India and abroad. He has inserted new kind of brotherhood in all the communities.
The party’s symbol is broom as the Indian political system needs lot of cleaning
The Aam Aadmi Party is a collection of very distinguished and competent Individuals who have devoted life to public service. Look at the record of its various leaders:
- Prashant Bhushan: He has done so many public interest litigation against the corrupt ministers. Because of him only all the cases of corruption are going on against these corrupt ministers.
- Manish Sisodia and Shazia Ilmi: Transformed from journalism to Public service. First They started with agitation and now in politics.
- Prof Yogender Yadav: He is a renowned social scientist who has been forecasting elections for times. He written two books Electoral Politics in Indian States (2009) Democracy in Multi-national Societies (2010). He also got Malcolm Adiseshiah Award and Global South Solidarity Award by The International Political Science.
- Kumar Vishwas: Famous poet. Famous for spreading Hindi across the Globe. He is responsible for spreading hindi poetry to young people. He worked tirelessly with many agitations with Anna and now with Party. Very Dynamic person
We have many more gifted clean people in the party like Gopal Rai, Sanjay Singh, Ankit Lal,Pankaj Gupta, Shehnaj Hindustani, Dilip and 7,000 thousand of workers working Day and night for the Party
Various awards speak for Arvind Kejriwal’s credentials to be a leader:
2004: Ashoka Fellow, Civic Engagement
2005: ‘Satyendra K. Dubey Memorial Award’, IIT Kanpur, for his campaign for bringing transparency in Government
2006: Ramon Magsaysay Award for Emergent Leadership
2006: CNN-IBN, ‘Indian of the Year’ in Public Service
2009: Distinguished Alumnus Award, IIT Kharagpur for Eminent Leadership
2009: Awarded a grant and fellowship by the Association for India’s Development.
2010: Policy Change Agent of the Year, The Economic Times Awards for Corporate Excellence along with Aruna Roy
2011: NDTV Indian of the Year along with Anna Hazare
The vision of our party’s vision is to see a corruption-free India and realise e dream of SWARAJ that Gandhiji had envisaged for a free india – where the power of governance and rights of democracy will be in the hands of the people of India.
For Donation go to
Only Indian citizens (NRI) and your friends and
family in India can donate for AAP.
For unity, meeting, volunteering, awareness,
and support in Toronto & GTA, please contact:
For fund collection activities, to become
a member or to contribute
CALL 647-280-4590 or 647-721-1284
(Raj Singla is the convener of the Aam Aadmi Party in Canada)