By Subhash K Jha
MUMBAI: Moving away from her diplomatic stand on personal favourites, the Nightingale (seen in this caricature drawn by Raj Thackeray years ago) for the first time selects her favourite songs.
1. Bedard tere dard ko seene se lagake from the film Padmini , Ae dilruba from the film Rustom Sohrab and Kali laki raat re dil bada sataaye from the film Saiyya composed by Sajjad Hussain.
2. Seene mein sulagte hain armaan from the film Tarana and Wohdin kahan gaye bataa from Tarana, composed by Anil Biswas
3. Sajan ki galiyan chhod chalen from the film Bazaar composed by Shyam Sunder
4. Uthaye ja unka sitam from Andaz, Jaane wale se mulaqat from Amar and Pyar kiya to darna kya from Mughal-e-Azam , composed by Naushad
5. Lag ja gale se from the film WohKaun Thi and Wohchup rahen to mere dil ke daag jalte hain from Jahan Ara composed by Madan Mohan.
6. Piya bina piya bina from Abhimaan and Rulake gaya sapna mera from Jewel Thief composed by S D Burman.
7. O beqaraar dil from the film Kohra and Kahin deep jale jahin dil from Bees Saal Baad composed by Hemant Kumar.
8. Ae dil-e-naadan from Razia Sultan and Apne aap raaton mein chilmanein sarakti hain from Shankar Hussain composed by Khayyam.
9. Radha na bole from Azad and Shola jo bhadke from Albela composed by C Ramachandra.
10. Ae ri jaane na doongi from Chitralekha and Duniya kare sawaal from Bahu Begum composed by Roshan.
11. O sajna barkha bahaar and Mila hai kisika jhumka from Parakh composed by Salil Chowdhary.
12. Allah tero naam from Hum Dono and Tu chanda main chandni from Reshma Aur Shera composed by Jaidev.
13. Chandan sa badan from Saraswatichandra composed by Kalyanji-Anandji
15. Sayonara from Love In Tokyo and Ajee rooth kar ab kahan jayeyegi from Arzoo composed by Shankar-Jaikishan.
16. Chalo sajna jahan tak ghat chale and Allah yeh adaa from Mere Humdum Mere Dost and Patta patta boota boota from Ek Nazar composed by Laxmikant-Pyarelal.
17. Bahon mein chale aao from Anamika, Na ja mere humdum from Pyar Ka Mausam and Dilbar dilse pyare from Caravan composed by R D Burman.
18. Yeh raatein nayi purani from Julie composed by Rajesh Roshan.
19. Lukka chuppi from Rang De Basanti composed by A R Rahman.
20. All the songs from the album Chala Wahi Des and the song Sunioji araj from the film Lekin composed by my brother Hridaynath Mangeshkar.