SURAT: A former disciple (sewak) who used to work in Asaram Bapu’s Ahmedabad-based ashram has claimed that the controversial godman’preferred to have sex with teenage girls in age group of 13-16 as he believed it increased one’s age.
The sewak, who didn’t wish to be named for fear of retaliation by Bapu’s ‘overzealous’ supporters, claimed of having witnessed several instances of Bapu sexually assaulting young girls inside his ashram himself.
“I was helpless back then. He had spies everywhere in the ashram and even outside in the administration. Those who spoke against him are likely to be attacked,” the middle-aged man tells, when asked why he hadn’t told of the incident to police before.
He claimed that septuagenarian saint is especially fond of reading Bhav Prakash Ayurveda, an ancient text.
“The second sloka of Bhav Prakash Ayurveda advices one to have sex with girls from age group of 13-16 years. The mantra says that doing so increases one’s age besides imparting sexual power. Bapu used to read it often,” the former devotee claimed.
“Why is that both of those who have accused him of sexual assault and rape were minors at time of the incident,” he asked, referring to sixteen year old girl who was allegedly sexually assaulted by Asaram Bapu and another Surat-based woman who claims of having been raped by the godman for eight years while earlier. (Courtesy of Bhaskar)
- Godman Asaram Bapu used to read Kamasutra, reveals former disciple
- Godman Asaram Bapu asked my daughter to remove her clothes and then raped, says father of victim
- What happened when Asaram Bapu took minor girl into his `dhyan ki kutiya’
- Godman Asaram Bapu’ son Narayan Sai issued ad in papers, calls FIR `fabrication’
- Godman’s son goes missing after rape case
- Godman Asaram Bapu’s secret world
- Godman Asaram Bapu is a sex maniac who needs a new girl every day, says former aide
- Godman Asaram Bapu made his devotees impotent with herbal drinks in order to sell his medicines, says former disciple
- Secret cellar for female rituals found at ashram run by Asaram Bapu’s son