News East West
MUMBAI: A short-circuit led to fire in the house of Boney Kapoor and Sridevi on Sunday night, gutting the bedroom completely.
Firefighters managed to douse the fire before it could spread to the rest of the house in Andheri Lohkhandwala.
The short-circuit in an air-conditioner caused the fire which engulfed the bedroom of the English-Vinglish actress.
Sridevi, her two daughters and her mother-in-law were in the house when the fire broke out.
Even as the firefighters brought the blaze under control, Sridevi managed to send her mother-in-law to Sanjay Kapoor’s residence and her daughters to stay with friends. The Himmatwala actress also managed to rescue her pet dogs.
Boney Kapoor, who was in Bandra when the fire broke out, rushed home.
They had to spend the night at a hotel because of the darkness caused by the fire.