News East West
NEW DELHI: Yet another former disciple (saadhak) of Asaram Bapu has come out with startling allegations against the godman who has been locked up since September 2.
In his statement to police, Rahul Sachan, who served at the godman’s Motera ashram in Ahmedabad, has reportedly told the cops that Asaram used to select girls for sexual exploitation by holding a tug of war.
The former disciple reportedly alleged that “Bapu used to organise tug of war to choose girls. Two teams of girls – one of slim and the other of voluptuous and physically strong girls – used to tug on.
“Certainly, the strong girls used to win the contest. The winners were called upon to meet Asaram and perform anushthan, where they were brainwashed by other saadhikas (woman disciples).’’
According to Dainik Bhaskar, Sachan told the cops, “After inviting girls for anushthan, the girls were sexually exploited by him.’’
Some other former disciples of the godman have also recorded their statements with the police, alleging sexual exploitation of women by Asaram Bapu.
The godman was arrested on September 2 for allegedly raping a 16-year-old girl at his Manai ashram near Jodhpur on August 15.
The minor was a student at the Gurukul (school) run by him at Chhindwada in Madhya Pradesh.
The girl, who had fallen ill, was allegedly told by the keepers of the school that she is under the influence of spirits and needs to go to Asaram Bapu in Jodhpur where he would perform a special ritual for her health in an isolated place. When her family took the girl to Asaram Bapu out of reverence for the godman, he allegedly raped her on the night of August 15.
Emboldened by the godman’s exposure, two married sisters from Surat in Gujarat registered cases of rape against the godman and his son Narayan Sai on October 5.
According to their FIR, the elder sister alleged that she was sexually exploited by Asaram Bapu between 1997 and 2006 at his Ahmedabad ashram. The younger sister says she was sexually exploited by the godman’s son Narayan Sai between 2002 and 2005 at their Surat ashram.
Narayan Sai has been on the run since the FIR was filed.
- Godman Asaram Bapu used to read Kamasutra, alleges former disciple
- Godman Asaram Bapu asked my daughter to remove her clothes and then raped, says father of victim
- What happened when Asaram Bapu took minor girl into his `dhyan ki kutiya’
- Godman Asaram Bapu is a sex maniac who needs a new girl every day, alleges former aide
- Godman Asaram Bapu made his devotees impotent with herbal drinks in order to sell his medicines, alleges former disciple
- Secret cellar for female rituals found at ashram run by Asaram Bapu’s son
- Godman Asaram Bapu’s son changes appearance to avoid arrest
- Godman Asaram Bapu’s ashram burnt by angry followers in Gujarat